Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
The red Front Porch Pickup shelf next to the main entrance of the Knight-Capron Library is now the sole pickup point for Library items and interlibrary loans. Simply request your items via OneSearch or ILL using the steps below, and we’ll place them on the front porch for you to pick up.
How does it work?
- Use OneSearch to locate the item you’d like to check out.
- Sign in so the system knows who you are.
- Once you’ve found your item, use the Request option in the catalog record to place a hold.
Library staff will locate your material and will check it out to you. When you receive an “On Hold Shelf” email from the Library, your item is available for pickup on the Front Porch Pickup shelf.
Please email Jeff Harbin, Access Services Librarian, with questions or comments.
- Library staff will check for new holds each hour the Library is staffed. Please allow up to 60 minutes for your items to be ready for pickup.
- Items will be checked out to you before they’re placed on the Pickup shelf. Once items are checked out to you, you are responsible for any damage, theft, or loss incurred. The pickup shelf is unattended, so please consider these risks when placing holds.
- Items on the Pickup shelf will be wrapped in a hold slip and arranged alphabetically by patron’s last name.
- Knight-Capron Library items will be held for seven (7) days. If you did not pick up your item(s) within 7 days, your hold(s) will be cancelled and the item(s) will return to the shelves. Interlibrary loan items will remain on the pickup shelf until their due dates.
- The Pickup shelf will move inside the Library 30 minutes before closing time, and in the event of inclement weather, and will not be accessible when the Library is closed.
- Though the front porch will be the only pickup point for holds and interlibrary loan items, you can still browse the stacks and check out items at the Circulation Desk if you’d like!