Books, Films, Music, Journals, Magazines, etc.
- Items may be checked out at the Circulation Desk.
- A valid University of Lynchburg I.D. card is required to check out library items.
- The library also provides limited borrowing privileges to community members. They must submit an application and provide valid photo ID when checking out items.
- Items may be returned to:
- the circulation desk book drop
- the outside book drop located beside the library entrance
- the outside drop box at the old entrance facing Hobbs
Loan Periods for Students
|Magazines and Journals
*At the end of each semester, all materials are due on the last day of exams.
Items may be renewed unless another patron has placed a hold on it(they want to check it out at the end of the loan period).
One renewal by phone or through the online renewal form is allowed. To renew materials by telephone, call 434-544-8430.
If you need to renew an item for a third loan period you must bring the item back to the library to do so.
Lost and Damaged Items
- Lost items should be reported to the circulation desk at once and the fine, if any will stop at that time.
- The charge for a lost book is determined by the library's cost for replacement.
- Patrons will be charged for materials which are returned damaged.
- If an item is repairable, the patron will be charged for the cost of the repairs only.
- If an item is beyond repair, the replacement cost will be charged. All materials remain the property of the library.
- Items returned without a barcode will result in the patron being assessed a fee of $1 per barcode.
All library materials are protected by the Checkpoint Security System. The theft or mutilation of library materials, as well as any attempt to "beat the system", is a violation of the Honor Code and will be treated as such.
Materials in the following collections are non-circulating and must be used in the library:
- Reference Collection
- Special Collections