Books, Films, Music, Journals, Magazines, etc.
- Items may be checked out at the Circulation Desk.
- A valid Lynchburg College I.D. card is required to check out library items.
- The library also provides limited borrowing privileges to community members. They must submit an application and provide valid photo ID when checking out items.
- The book stacks and the Circulation Desk close 15 minutes before the library closes.
- Materials must be checked out before that time.
- The doors to the library are locked at five minutes before closing. Anyone in the library can still exit the building, but no one will be able to enter.
- Items may be returned to:
- the circulation desk book drop
- the outside book drop located beside the library entrance
- the outside drop box at the old entrance facing Hobbs
Loan Periods for Students
||Fine Rate per Day
|Magazines and Journals
*At the end of each semester, all materials are due on the last day of exams.
Items may be renewed unless another patron has placed a hold on it(they want to check it out at the end of the loan period).
One renewal by phone or through the online renewal form is allowed. To renew materials by telephone, call 434-544-8430.
If you need to renew an item for a third loan period you must bring the item back to the library to do so.
- A courtesy notice is sent out via email several days before the loan period has expired, reminding you to return the item to the library.
- A first overdue notices is sent via email the day after the item was due.
- A second overdue notice is sent out 7 day after it was due.
- The third overdue notice is sent out 21 days after the item was due and your borrowing privileges are revoked until the bill is settled.
- Fines are accrued up to a limit of $10 per item.
- Checkout privileges will be blocked if unpaid fines exceed $10.
- If items are not returned by the end of the semester, students will be charged replacement and processing costs.
Lost and Damaged Items
- Lost items should be reported to the circulation desk at once and the fine, if any will stop at that time.
- The charge for a lost book is determined by the library's cost for replacement.
- Patrons will be charged for materials which are returned damaged.
- If an item is repairable, the patron will be charged for the cost of the repairs only.
- If an item is beyond repair, the replacement cost will be charged. All materials remain the property of the library.
- Items returned without a barcode will result in the patron being assessed a fee of $1 per barcode.
All library materials are protected by the Checkpoint Security System. The theft or mutilation of library materials, as well as any attempt to "beat the system", is a violation of the Honor Code and will be treated as such.
Materials in the following collections are non-circulating and must be used in the library:
- Reference Collection
- Special Collections