What to do when you get sent to a “pay for this article” page?
- Don’t pay!
- Copy the article title
- Open LC OneSearch and paste in the title
- If that does not work pick a keyword or two from the title and enter that in one search box and one of the author’s names in the another search box
i.If the article is available, open it
ii.If you get the “search for full text” icon, use that link
- If a link to the article is available, open it
- If there is a link to the journal, use that and then find the year, volume and issue for the journal, link to that and then find your article
- If it says “request this item through interlibrary loan” , use that link
- You will need an interlibrary loan account
- If you have one, log-in and it should fill out the form and click submit.